Timbers Company is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth. Grow your career with us and learn first-hand how to shape remarkable experiences for our world-class guests and Owners.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
OUR CORE VALUES:
We are in the business of making memories, and this mantra is reflected in everything we do and every interaction we have whether it be in hospitality operations management, asset management, development, or sales & marketing. Our values define who we are.
- Chin up nose down
- Drive it like you stole it
- Find your inner passion
- Be a lifelong learner
- Work hard, play hard
- Find fun and humor in everything
- Respect and integrity
- Purpose beyond profits
As a key member of the development team, the Development Manager position will have responsibility for the successful completion of development projects and functions, as assigned by the company, from inception through financing, construction completion and sales. The Development Manager ensures that all projects align with Timbers Resorts production and financial goals, while maintaining our core values, meeting appropriate development standards, and upholding Timbers Resorts reputation as a quality developer.
- Assist in the creation of financial models of proposed projects to evaluate feasibility. Help prepare pro forma development budgets and property operating budgets under the direction of the Development Director.
- Works with team members to prepare responses to requests for proposals and solicitations for bids by coordinating the proposal response and preparing the proposal materials.
- Attends site visits of potential property acquisitions and assists in market analysis, including preparing market reports, and review of due diligence reports.
- Supports the team in closing the financing and manages the closing checklist.
- Assists the Development Director with the construction administration process by coordinating the flow and filing of construction documents.
- Schedules development team meetings and assists with preparing internal and external reports on each project.
- Prepares presentations for meetings with investors, other critical stakeholders and government officials as needed.
- Coordinate with property management and sales team during development period; assist with transition to sales and conversion.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the CEO, Chief Development Officer, or CFO.
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in related field (real estate, urban planning, architecture, business, or finance) preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experience in real estate development, with a preference given to actual ground up development experience.
- Strong analytical skills including financial analysis.
- Working knowledge of land use and zoning processes
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, able to work on multiple projects with attention to detail, prioritize a challenging workload, and be well organized and dependable while staying positive and solution oriented.
- Planning, organizing, and prioritizing.
- Managing multiple projects and programs.
- Planning, organizing, and administering comprehensive reports and presentations.
- Developing and implementing goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and work standards.
- Preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence, and other written materials.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
- Using tact, discretion, and prudence in dealing with those contacted in the course of the work.
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Education Assistance Program
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Learning and Development
- Competitive Pay
- Volunteer time
- Paid maternity/Paternity leave
- Fun team building events
- Employee kitchen stocked with snacks, coffee and other beverages
- Vacation Days
- Personal Days
- Holiday Pay
- Volunteer Day
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
*Benefits noted above are for reference only and are subject to change.
Job Status: Full Time