Timbers Company is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
This Winter Park, Florida based position will provide finance support to Timbers Resort development project in Kauai, Hawaii through financial reporting and analysis, audits, and budget support and analysis.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Consistent, accurate and timely financial reporting and analysis
- Meeting covenant requirements on all construction loans
- Coordination of all audit activity
- Compliance with financial policies, procedures and GAAP reporting standards
- Evaluation of opportunities for process improvement and implementation of best methods and practices
- Support and analysis of the annual budget, monthly draw requests and cash flows
- Working with tax accountants to complete federal and state tax returns
- Consultation on other financial matters including HOA oversight
- Coordination, collaboration and partnership with the project management leaders
- Performance of other duties as assigned
- Flexibility to travel up to one week per quarter to project sites.
- Provide leadership oversight on special projects.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required. Must have 5+ years’ relevant finance or accounting work experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Principles, practices and techniques of accounting in real estate development environment.
- Principles and methods of developing effective informational and presentation materials.
- Principles and practices of budget development, administration and measurement of results.
- Advanced proficiency in computer applications related to the work.
- Microsoft Dynamics & Opera preferred.
- Records management principles and practices.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Principles and techniques of making effective oral presentations.
- Planning, organizing and prioritizing.
- Managing multiple projects and programs.
- Self-driven with the ability to create critical paths that provide solutions to ongoing real estate development challenges
- Ability to conduct appropriate and relevant analysis of business results
- Planning, organizing and administering comprehensive reports and presentations.
- Developing and implementing goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards.
- Developing effective work teams and motivating individuals to meet goals and objectives in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in dealing with those contacted in the course of the work.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Job Status: Full Time