Corporate Human Resources Generalist
Timbers Company is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth. Grow your career with us and learn first-hand how to shape remarkable experiences for our world-class guests and Owners.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
OUR CORE VALUES:
We are in the business of making memories, and this mantra is reflected in everything we do and every interaction we have whether it be in hospitality operations management, asset management, development, or sales & marketing. Our values define who we are.
- Be Authentic
- Practice Humility
- Cultivate Teamwork
- Value Time
- Be Trustworthy
Responsible for running the daily functions of the Human Resources department including hiring, onboarding, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and procedures; provides professional assistance/advice to management staff.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs job analyses to support recruitment activities; designs and implements recruitment programs to obtain qualified candidates; prepares job announcements, advertisements, and other recruitment materials.
- Assists with job-related selection procedures, including, but not limited to, application reviews, screenapplications for qualifications; schedules and notifies applicants of activities and results.
- Conducts new hire onboarding activities, including but not limited to background checks, employee eligibility verifications, and new hire and benefit orientations.
- Manages HRIS systems; and may instruct others in system application
- Prepares and maintains job descriptions for each position within the organization, ensures descriptions accurately reflect the work being performed; assesses job and their respective duties to determine classification as exempt or non-exempt and appropriate salary range
- Benchmarks jobs against survey data to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position
- Coordinates the Steering Committee Data and PowerPoint presentation monthly
- May assist with design and implement various employee development and training programs.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training. This may include anti-harassment training, cyber security and exams and certifications.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Oversees the annual performance review process.
- Conducts new hire checks ins and exit interviews.
- Instructs others in human resources procedures.
- Handles employee related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors.
- Reviews, verifies and processes any personnel action forms in HRIS system.
- Take an active role in understanding the business and employee issues company wide.
- Maintains personnel files and ensures files are in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Prepares and distributes monthly employee newsletter.
- Plans, organizes, and facilitates several employee activities and recognition programs.
- Ensures all work is done in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
- Prepares reports, correspondence and a variety of written materials; prepares and maintains accurate documentation of activities
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with the public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, or a related field; AND two (2) years of professional human resources generalist experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles, practices and techniques of human resources administration, including recruitment and selection, job analysis, classification and compensation administration, employee relations.
- Applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Computer applications related to the work.
- Records management principles and practices.
- Principles and techniques of preparing effective written informational or educational materials.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone, occasionally where relations may be confrontational or strained.
- Principles and techniques of making effective oral presentations.
- Performing professional-level human resources generalist duties.
- Carrying assigned analytical projects through, from data gathering to completion.
- Interpreting, applying and explaining complex federal, state and local laws/regulations.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in dealing with those contacted in the course of the work.
This role is onsite with no option for remote or hybrid.
Pay: $60,000 to $65,000/year
Job Status: Full Time