Corporate Director of Human Resources
Timbers Company is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth. Grow your career with us and learn first-hand how to shape remarkable experiences for our world-class guests and Owners.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
The Corporate Director of Human Resources, based in Winter Park, FL and reporting to the COO, will provide strong and effective leadership, direction, and professional expertise in all areas of human resources management throughout the organization. This role will work closely with the leadership team to ensure effective planning and implementation of HR initiatives to support a growing organization. This role offers the significant opportunity to build culture and develop a long-term human resources framework.
Essential Functions: Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee and ensure corporate HR and Timbers Company properties attract, hire, train, motivate, mentor, performance manage and retain top talent across all areas of responsibility, in support of the desired company culture and service delivery expectations.
- Champion associate engagement across the company. Infuse the property HR teams with ideas, vision, and purpose. Create a dynamic experience and improve employee engagement aimed at increasing retention.
- Be responsible for employee development, succession planning, benefits administration, labor laws regulation, and recruiting processes while conducting miscellaneous administrative tasks and ensuring employees’ wellness.
- Oversee all staffing & recruiting initiatives.
- Lead compensation and benefits strategy efforts.
- Maximize training and development, create career development and mentorship programs, manage employee communication, develop a performance review system for all employees.
- As subject matter expert, maintain human resource policies and procedures, ensure the company’s legal compliance with applicable federal and state laws.
- Ensure employment records are safeguarded and maintained.
- Lead employee wellness initiatives, foster positive workplace experiences, and ensure workplace safety through the implementation of risk management procedures.
- Evaluate and maintain corporate mission, vision, values, and company culture through employee engagement initiatives and best practices.
- Play a leadership role in further developing a positive, creative, and ethical environment; champion best practices approach and continues to drive that philosophy throughout the company.
- Provide leadership for all traditional HR functions, including executive compensation, benefits, training, and internal communications. Ensure all programs are efficient and cost-effective in their support of the company’s goals.
The successful candidate will be a collaborative, thoughtful human resources executive recognized for strong technical human resources skills. The person should be seen as an entrepreneurial “common sense” problem solver and team player who routinely engages in open and creative discussions. He/she person should thrive in a performance-driven, “roll up your sleeves,” entrepreneurial setting.
- At least five years human resources leadership roles in hotels, restaurants, and/or other hospitality setting.
- Prior regional or multi-property experience required.
- Luxury hotel, luxury whole ownership residences, or luxury private residence club experience a plus.
- Obvious proficiency, knowledge, and experience in all HR processes: selection and employment (sourcing strategies, interviewing skills, employment laws, recruitment, on-boarding), employee relations, compensation, benefits administration, worker’s compensation, and talent management.
- Thorough knowledge of Human Resources practices and procedures as well as considerable knowledge of Federal, State and Local laws and regulations pertaining to Human Resources matters.
- General knowledge of hotel operations, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, and long-range planning.
- Experience implementing broad diversity initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of corporate learning and training initiatives including e-learning efforts.
- General knowledge of HRIS processes, experience with ADP Workforce Now highly desired.
- Upbeat, open, visible communication skills, a person known to bring humor, energy and integrity to the business and community arenas.
- Recognition within his/her current company and the industry as a person of the highest integrity, ethical grounding, and professional bearing.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to marshal resources to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Availability for travel on short notice.
- An undergraduate degree required; master’s degree preferred.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting; use standard equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time, strength to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Education Assistance Program
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Learning and Development
- Competitive Pay
- Volunteer time
- Paid maternity/Paternity leave
- Fun team building events
- Employee Kitchen stocked with snacks, coffee and other beverages
- Vacation Days
- Personal Days
- Holiday Pay
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
*Benefits noted above are for reference only and are subject to change.
OUR CORE VALUES:
We are in the business of making memories, and this mantra is reflected in everything we do and every interaction we have whether it be in Hospitality Operations Management, Asset Management, Development, or Sales & marketing. Our values define who we are.
- Chin up nose down
- Drive it like you stole it
- Find your inner passion
- Be a lifelong learner
- Work hard, play hard
- Find fun and humor in everything
- Respect and integrity
- Purpose beyond profits
Job Status: Full Time