Cooks $21/hr - NEW $600 Sign On Bonus!
SOUTH SEAS ISLAND RESORT: WORK IN PARADISE! Escape to a tranquil tropical island destination on the tip of Captiva Island! Work at a serene resort village and wildlife sanctuary, marked by 2.5 miles of beaches, gulf waters that glisten with endless shades of blue and boundless opportunity for adventure for our guests.
This upcoming year, we will begin writing a new chapter to add to our storied past. Elevated guest experiences, expanded services, and amenities accompanied by future plans to re-imagine and restore the famed South Seas Island Resort to its original grandeur.
We want YOU to be apart of it!
WE ARE NOW A TIMBERS RESORT:
Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories. Our vision is a promise of Paradise Perfected. Join us and explore the ever-growing collection by Timbers Resorts.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Health Insurance/Dental/Vision/LTD/STD and Life Insurance
-401K, company matches 100% up to 4% of contribution
-Paid Time Off (PTO), increasing amount of time with tenure
-Transponder toll programs (if you qualify) for the Sanibel Causeway and Cape Coral Bridge
-$2 Employee lunches at our Keylime Cafe
-Employee discounts at selected retail outlets and selected SSIR vendor activities
-Employee recognition through the year
-SafeStaff foodhandler certifications can be scheduled and accomplished on property, facilitation by HR Manager
WHERE WILL YOU WORK?
Multiple restaurants such as Harborside Bar & Grill (Yacht Harbour Marina), Latitudes Food Shack (Sunset Beach), Scoops & Slices (Entrance to Resort Pool Complex), The Pointe (inside the Resort Pool Complex) and assistance with Banquets; weddings, group events, and special events.
Join the Culinary Team! The Cook is responsible for supervising and assisting in the preparation of all the food items for the restaurants, dining outlets, employee cafe and banquets, while maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• At least 3 years of related progressive experience, or a culinary graduate with at least 1 year of
progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
• Food Handlers Certification (must comply with State requirements)
• Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
• Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
• Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
• Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done
before it becomes a necessity.
• Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
• Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing,
identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and
consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by co-workers and
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic
***Sign on bonus: $300 paid on first check and $600 paid after 90 days of FT employment***
Pay: from $21/hour
Job Status: Full Time