Timbers Company is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
The Cook II is responsible for supervising and assisting in the preparation of all food items for the
Restaurant/Dining Outlet, Cafe, Room Service, Employee Cafeteria and Banquets, while maintaining
the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product.
Education & Experience:
• Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
• At least 5 years of related progressive experience, or a culinary graduate with at least 1 year of
progressive experience in a hotel or related field.
• Food Handlers Certification (must comply with State requirements)
• Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
• Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
• Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
• Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done
before it becomes a necessity.
• Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
• Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing,
identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and
consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by co-workers and
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic
Job Duties & Functions:
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with company standards, as required by
scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the resort.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper
uniform and nametag when working (per brand standards).
• Comply at all times with company standards and regulations to encourage safe and
efficient resort operations.
• Comply with certification requirements as applicable to position to include Food Handlers, Safety,
• Maintain friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
• Have thorough working knowledge of menus and the preparation required to produce the product
• Ensure the completion of necessary food and station preparations prior to open of the
Restaurant/Dining Outlet, Café and Room Service in order to ensure that guests are served promptly
and efficiently during operating hours.
• Assist and supervise on kitchen line during operating hours to maintain the highest standards of
efficiency, productivity and quality; be able to support any position in the kitchen that is in need of
• Supervise and assist in the food preparation for Banquets as required, following specifications of
Banquet Event Orders; Ensure banquet items are completed on time and check with Banquet Manager
or Supervisor for time, cover count or any other changes.
• Supervise the preparation of food for the Employee Cafeteria as necessary.
• Maintain the "Clean as You Go" policy. Be responsible for maintaining the sanitation and cleaning
schedules of the kitchen. Keep all storage areas neat, orderly and clean.
• Supervise and assist with the break down of buffets and kitchen line, ensuring proper storage of
food and equipment at the end of each meal period.
• Ensure that all employees practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or
• Enforce all resort policies and house rules.
• Be familiar with the hotel's emergency procedures.
• Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests,
managers and all other employees.
• Aid in the security of food items; ensure the meat locker, storeroom and walk-ins are locked when
not in use.
• Ensure that the Employee Break room is kept neat, orderly and clean.
• Maintain the high food quality standards in the kitchen and find ways to improve upon them.
• Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
• Assist in training staff in the operation and maintenance of all kitchen equipment.
• Attend meetings as required by management.
• Perform any other duties as requested by management.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Status: Full Time