Responsible for assisting guests, residence club owners and visitors with dining reservations and recommendations, coordinating transportation, and recommendations/assistance with tickets for recreational activities in a courteous and professional manner while exceeding the high standards of the hotel.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs as central information agent for the hotel.
- Provides guests with information on property facilities, restaurants, activities and group functions.
- Provides additional information on all area restaurants, services and recreational opportunities.
- Schedules and confirms restaurant, recreational of other bookings as requested.
- Schedules and coordinates area transportation to and from local attractions.
- Coordinates group reservations and activities on and off site.
- Coordinates VIP deliveries for groups and individuals.
- Provides the ski conditions report for Vail & Beaver Creek and others as requested.
- Have excellent knowledge of Vail/Beaver Creek and Vail Valley.
- Assists with loading/unloading of luggage and personal items when needed.
- Assists with delivery/retrieval guest luggage and personal items when needed.
- Provides directions and information as requested.
- Arranges rental car pick up and key return.
- Completes amenities based off the next day arrivals.
- Valet parks and retrieves cars, as needed.
- Use and maintain accurate and current information in GoCon.
- Establish and executes traces and conduct pre-arrival reaching out within established time period.
- Assist with cleanliness of lobby, ensuring that area is safe for foot traffic.
- Ensures guest luggage storage as needed.
- Performs bell person and front desk agent duties as required.
- Ensures delivery of guest messages or packages as needed.
- Courteous to all guests, callers, visitors and staff.
- Proper use of clocking in and out from shifts, and 30 minute meal breaks.
- Facilitate sending of guest packages with correct address and method of payment.
- Observes safety precautions required to protect hotel and guest property.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Preforms all duties and tasks assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND two (2) years of hospitality experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles, practices and techniques of the hospitality industry.
- Computer software applications in work processing, spreadsheets and hotel information systems.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Area amenities, activities and events.
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
- Making accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Reading, understanding and following front office policies and procedures.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting and use standard office equipment; stamina to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 40 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.'
Pay: from $21/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: TSV