Concierge - Timbers Bachelor Gulch, Avon, CO
Responsible for assisting residence club owners and visitors with dining reservations and recommendations, coordinating transportation, and recommendations/assistance with tickets for recreational activities, and assisting with check in and out of residences in a courteous and professional manner while exceeding the high standards of the resort.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Acts as central information agent and property ambassador for the resort.
- Identifies owner/guest needs and provides information regarding policies, services and amenities.
- Checks owner/guests in to and out of resort in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assists with luggage and vehicle details.
- Provides owner/guests with information on property facilities, restaurants, and activities.
- Operates the resort telephone system as trained to resort standards.
- Posts charges and payments to guest, club owner and house accounts through Opera.
- Provides additional information on all area restaurants, services and recreational opportunities.
- Prepares current or next day arrival lists and packets.
- Cleans and maintains the concierge desk area in an orderly and presentable condition.
- Inventories and replenishes any required supplies.
- Processes wake up calls as necessary.
- Coordinates owner/guest requests as needed.
- Ensures delivery of owner/guest messages or packages as needed.
- Schedules and confirms restaurant, recreational or other bookings as requested.
- Schedules and coordinates area transportation to and from local attractions.
- Have excellent knowledge of Beaver Creek, Vail, and surrounding areas.
- Assists with loading/unloading of luggage and personal items when needed.
- Assists with delivery/retrieval owner/guest luggage and personal items when needed.
- Provides directions and information as requested.
- Arranges rental car pick up and key return.
- Completes amenities based off the next day arrivals.
- Use and maintain accurate and current information in Opera and GoConcierge.
- Establish and executes traces for Housekeeping and Facilities from pre-arrival outreach within the established time period.
- Assist with cleanliness of concierge and valet areas, ensuring that area is safe for foot traffic.
- Ensures owner/guest luggage storage as needed.
- Courteous to all owner/guests, callers, visitors and staff.
- Exercise polite and patient verbal demeanor over radio.
- Proper use of clocking in and out from shifts, and 30 minute meal breaks.
- Facilitate sending of owner/guest packages with correct address and method of payment.
- Observes safety precautions required to protect resort and owner/guest property.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Preforms all duties and tasks assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND two (2) years of hospitality experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles, practices and techniques of the hospitality industry.
- Computer software applications including Opera, Microsoft Office Suite and Alice. Policies and procedures of the department.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Proper business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Area amenities, activities and events.
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
- Making accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Reading, understanding and following front office policies and procedures.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
Pay: from $19/hour
The pay range represents the low and high end of the Timbers range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of work, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Timbers total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include various incentives, such as tips, commissions, bonus, and many region-specific benefits.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: TBG