Concierge, The Sebastian, higher starting pay $21+commissions
Excellent opportunity to continue your career, earn a competitive compensation, while having fun, meeting new people, and learning new skills.
- Full Time Year Round with full benefits such as 4+weeks Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD/STD, Life, Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Insurance.
- Free onsite Chef prepared employee dining room with hot meals and salad bar
- Free onsite shift parking
- Discounted bus pass for Eagle County & Lake County routes
- Discounted F&B, Spa Treatments & Retail up to 40% off
- 401K with Match
- Paid Sick leave for P/T & Seasonal Staff
- Merchant Ski Pass Program and Wellness Bonus, to cover cost of ski pass or other cost for physical fitness, if worked through full season until ski area closing, amount varies depending on start date
Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best
Responsible for assisting guests, residence club owners and visitors with dining reservations and recommendations, coordinating transportation, and recommendations/assistance with tickets for recreational activities in a courteous and professional manner while exceeding the high standards of the hotel.
- Performs as central information agent for the hotel.
- Provides guests with information on property facilities, restaurants, activities and group functions.
- Provides additional information on all area restaurants, services and recreational opportunities.
- Schedules and confirms restaurant, recreational of other bookings as requested.
- Schedules and coordinates area transportation to and from local attractions.
- Coordinates group reservations and activities on and off site.
- Coordinates VIP deliveries for groups and individuals.
- Provides the ski conditions report for Vail & Beaver Creek and others as requested.
- Have excellent knowledge of Vail/Beaver Creek and Vail Valley.
- Assists with loading/unloading of luggage and personal items when needed.
- Assists with delivery/retrieval guest luggage and personal items when needed.
- Provides directions and information as requested.
- Arranges rental car pick up and key return.
- Completes amenities based off the next day arrivals.
- Valet parks and retrieves cars, as needed.
- Use and maintain accurate and current information in GoCon.
- Establish and executes traces and conduct pre-arrival reaching out within established time period.
- Assist with cleanliness of lobby, ensuring that area is safe for foot traffic.
- Ensures guest luggage storage as needed.
- Performs bell person and front desk agent duties as required.
- Ensures delivery of guest messages or packages as needed.
- Courteous to all guests, callers, visitors and staff.
- Proper use of clocking in and out from shifts, and 30 minute meal breaks.
- Facilitate sending of guest packages with correct address and method of payment.
- Observes safety precautions required to protect hotel and guest property.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Preforms all duties and tasks assigned by management.
Timbers Resorts International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Timbers Resorts International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND two (2) years of hospitality experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles, practices and techniques of the hospitality industry.
- Computer software applications in work processing, spreadsheets and hotel information systems.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Area amenities, activities and events.
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
- Making accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Reading, understanding and following front office policies and procedures.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting and use standard office equipment; stamina to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 40 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Pay: from $21/hour
The pay range represents the low and high end of the Timbers range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of work, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Timbers total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include various incentives, such as tips, commissions, bonus, and many region-specific benefits.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: TSV