Common Area Attendant - PT Winter Seasonal - OSP
Responsible for essential functions for the Common Area Attendant position. Maintaining the cleanliness of common areas of the property
Looking for Part time winter seasonal team member to work up to 16 hours per week late-Nov 2021 through mid-April 2022 (4 – 8 hour shifts)
Part time seasonal team members have access to:
- Bi-weekly pay checks
- Colorado Sick Time Accrual
- 401(k) with company match
- Holiday Pay
- Opportunity for gratuities and seasonal Holiday Bonus
- EAP (Employee Assistance Plan)
- Local Perks and Benefits
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Be yourself and care genuinely about each interaction you have. Nothing is more important than the moment you are in with each owner/guest.
- Understand that the cleanliness of common areas is a very important aspect of service levels provided at One Steamboat Place (OSP). We are the first impression people have of the building and of our high standards.
- Responsibilities for cleaning common areas include replacing soiled linen and towels; restocking room supplies such as soap, tissues, towels, disinfecting bathroom surfaces, dusting and polishing the furniture, removing all trash, vacuuming the carpets, and washing any uncarpeted floors.
- Additional tasks include cleaning door glass and interior windows in common areas.
- Learn how to operate various mechanized cleaning equipment, such as vacuums, polishers, buffers, etc.
- Responsible for disposal of trash and waste found and collected in the common areas and entrances to building.
- Will be handling various cleaning solvents and chemicals and must comply with all regulations such as OSHA, SDS, State Health Department, etc.
- Follow instructions on the safe use of germicidal cleaning solutions. All procedures for cleaning solution use will be part of common area staff training.
- Use safety precautions and always follow instructed chemical use.
- Will assist in the cleanliness and safety of lobbies, entryways, members’ gathering areas, and wine room.
- Will assist in cleanliness of public facilities such as rest rooms, game room, tykes room, pool area, and entrances to the building. Stock with supplies as needed.
- Report any needed repairs immediately to supervisor. Such as: Leaky faucet or toilet, loose tile, broken windowpanes, missing nuts/screws, etc.).
- Assist housekeeping staff as needed, deliver and pick up laundry, pick up trash, deliver towels, soap, or other items to rooms.
- Adhere to checklists and training guides.
- Bring all questions, comments, or concerns to the Laundry/Common Area Supervisor, Assistant Housekeeping Manager, Housekeeping Manager, or if necessary, the Director of Resort Operations.
- Assist with other duties as requested or assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
- Willing to train.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- In all situations demonstrate Character, Courtesy, Calm and Charm.
- Good personal hygiene and clean kept appearance.
- Have a commitment to excellence in tasks
- Critical, sound, decision making abilities.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to be versatile and switch tasks as needed.
- Be detail oriented and have follow through or complete each task set or started.
- Ability to speak English effectively to communicate over the radio or in person.
- Ability to interface with other resort staff, supervisors, and/or managers to ensure that owners/guests needs are met in a satisfactory manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to use standard cleaning equipment, such as brooms, vacuums, polishers, and cleaning chemicals.
- Stamina to stand, stoop, squat, and bend for extended periods of time.
- Agility to perform services over an extended period (usually 4 to 8-hour shift).
- Must frequently lift, carry, and/or move up to 10-15 pounds.
- Must occasionally lift, carry, and/or move up to 25-50 pounds.
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person, on the radio, or over the telephone.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Winter Season – exposure to outside weather conditions.
- Requires working in dusty and dirty areas.
- Must be able to clean up human body fluids and waste, as required.
- Typical shifts are 4 - 8 hours; shifts may vary (days, nights, weekends, holidays). (Earliest shift start times usually 8:00 a.m. Night shifts usually end by 10:00 p.m.)
Pay: $17 to $18/hour
Job Status: Part Time,Seasonal