Chief Operating Officer
Timbers Company is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
The Chief Operating Officer will be responsible for leading the Hospitality Operations, Hospitality Sales and Marketing, Exchange Management, Information Technology, Human Resources and Corporate Facilities for the Timbers Company portfolio of businesses (Timbers Resorts, Soleil Hotels and Resorts, Andiamo). The position will be responsible for achieving performance excellence through world-class service delivery, exceeding luxury Owner and Guest satisfaction benchmarks, supporting all efforts around real estate sales/marketing/promotion, comprehensive e-commerce strategy, effective revenue & cost management, proper asset positioning, industry leading associate satisfaction scores, gaining market share, effective capital planning, and the implementation of company programs, processes, and policies for all the properties within their region. Simply put, we are looking for someone that believes in People, Process, and Product approach to leading a business. The COO will also responsible for coordinating with the finance discipline to ensure that proper controls and financial management processes are in place within the areas of responsibility.
The Chief Operating Officer will report directly to the Chief Executive Office and will work to ensure alignment of strategy amongst the noted disciplines and proper communication between all functional areas and throughout all of our operating properties to ensure a seamless and coordinated approach throughout all of the company’s operations.
- Understand the Timbers Company service delivery model, identify opportunities to improve overall service delivery across our current portfolio, and support the implementation of this service delivery model at newly acquired properties.
- Ensure HR and all properties attract, hire, train, motivate, mentor, performance manage and retain top talent across all areas of responsibility, in support of the desired company culture and service delivery expectations.
- Ensure operational excellence in all properties by working closely with General Managers and asset management teams.
- Design and implement business strategies around direct sales, revenue management, marketing, distribution, and e-commerce to maximize revenue and market share performance of each property.
- Design and implement business strategies to minimize costs, drive positive guest and associate satisfaction while maximizing profit performance across all areas of responsibility and across the portfolio.
- Develop strategies around asset positioning, capital planning and implementation/execution of company programs, processes, and policies at each property and throughout the portfolio.
- Ensure programs are in place for asset inspection and protection at every property.
- Develop strong relationships with all Property Owners, HOA Board of Directors, and Asset Managers across the portfolio.
- Set comprehensive goals for development and growth of all General Managers, Resort Managers, Department Managers, supervisors, and line staff.
- Use data-driven insights to identify and achieve the optimal performance across all areas of responsibility and throughout the portfolio.
- Goal setting and performance accountability for all disciplines reporting to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Work collaboratively with other executives and the leadership of Timbers Company
- Provide full support for all strategic initiatives, business priorities and other initiatives as directed by the CEO.
- Work to consistently refine best practices and inspire creativity of leaders at all levels to identify new ways to improve future performance.
- Participate in company expansion activities (investments, mergers & acquisitions, business development, etc.).
- Minimum of 10 years in hospitality operations leadership with a focus on luxury properties, delivering consistently strong results; multiple diverse experiences serve to strengthen a candidate’s profile.
- Prior regional or multi-property experience required.
- Four-year college degree required; Master’s degree would strengthen a candidate’s profile.
- Luxury hotel, luxury whole ownership residences, and luxury private residence club experience a plus.
- Must have deep and recent understanding of luxury operations.
- Proven success in team selection, situational leadership, motivation, leading change, team building and accountability to achieve breakthrough performance across the organization.
- Must possess a strong capability to analyze information, understand and identify opportunities for improvement and lead others to successfully act on identified opportunities.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills along with an ability to prioritize work to achieve maximum performance from available resources.
- Thorough understanding of best practices in hospitality operations and capability to conduct these differing disciplines in a common strategy to maximize performance in a group of disparate properties.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships with C-level executives internally and externally to advance company performance and capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to marshal resources to achieve company goals and objectives.
Job Status: Full Time