Catering Sales Manager
WORK IN PARADISE … at the beautiful South Seas Island Resort on the tip of Captiva Island on Florida’s Gulf Coast just across the bridge from Fort Myers.
Escape to a tranquil tropical island destination, marked by 2.5 miles of beaches, surrounded by glistening gulf waters and endless opportunities for fun and adventure.
South Seas Island Resort (SSIR) is now a part of the world-class Timbers Resorts which are known to be unique, authentic, comfortably casual yet sophisticated, and always fun. Where luxury is without pretense and the smiles are genuine. Timbers Resorts boutique hotels, resorts and residences are the perfect places to create unforgettable memories with family and friends, in the world’s most sought-after destinations.
Here's what we’re looking for … Passion Unites Us
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best. Grow your career with us and learn first-hand how to shape remarkable experiences for our world-class guests and Owners.
The Catering Sales Manager is responsible to sell and detail, social and corporate events which directly affects the overall profitability of the resort. In this role, the individual will effectively solicit and secure new accounts, provide outstanding service to clients/groups, to achieve the resorts market share goals.
Job Duties & Functions
- Responsible for meeting assigned sales and revenue goals, collaborating directly with the Director of Sales and Marketing, and the Director Catering and Conference Services.
- The Catering Sales Manager must know how to coordinate each individual aspect of wedding planning, be meticulous, and work closely with both internal and external vendors to make the happy couples dreams come true.
- Daily solicitation for new business and coordination with local marketing efforts, facilitation of an elevated level of communication, before, during and after the event.
- Conduct solicitation calls, sales tours, and entertain clients specific to and as applicable by event.
- Develop and grow existing relationships with assigned accounts, and creatively work with the Catering Team to upsell food and beverage to contracted groups.
- Monitor and evaluate trends within the market segment and make recommendations to management to increase event revenue.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service oriented manner.
- Adheres to South Sea’s established regulations, company standards, sales standards and sales metrics related.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations and policies of the resort and be able to work cross functionally with other departments.
- Work with the Sales and Marketing Team to develop and maintain, strong visibility with industry organizations, as applicable.
- Attend daily/weekly/monthly meetings and any other functions required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager or Director of Marketing and Sales.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years in hotel catering sales experience required with a strong emphasis on the social market.
- Demonstrate a creative knowledge of the food and beverage industry.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to negotiate, sell, and influence other managerial personnel and clients/guests.
- Experience with professional selling skills desired: opening, probing, supporting, closing
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge especially Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to work independently, while simultaneously managing multiple tasks.
- Must have strong organization and presentation skills
Physical Working Conditions
- Ability to stand/walk for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to lift up-to forty pounds
- Work in an both an indoor/outdoor environment, with the potential for hot temperatures.
- Ability to work at computer in an office setting and respond to client inquiries prompt.
- Must be able to oversee stress related conversations with clients, vendors, and other departments.
Job Status: Full Time