Busser - Leonora at The Sebastian Vail
Responsible for assisting food servers in all aspects of service while providing quality service to guests and visitors in a courteous and friendly manner and maintaining or exceeding the high standards of the hotel.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains positive guest interactions while assisting food service staff.
- Cleans designated areas following the shift routine schedule.
- Maintains cruet and condiment sets.
- Assists with movement of tables, chairs and other dining room furniture.
- Clear, clean and reset tables to Company standards.
- Ensures sidebar stations are adequately stocked with replacement cutlery, linen, glassware and other established needs.
- Prepares coffee, toast, cheese boards and other items as established.
- Assists with the delivery of food to established standards.
- Delivers Room Service orders, if necessary.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations required by the hotel.
- May assume all duties of Waiter and/or Host, in their absence.
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Assist wait staff by filling/ re-filling beverages and accommodating other requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Food and beverage products, menus and promotions.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Basic knowledge of restaurant operations.
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
- Cleaning areas in an effective and efficient manner.
- Maintaining appropriate inventory of supplies and materials.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be on your feet and alert for extended periods of time.
Pay: from $10.20/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time,Seasonal