SOUTH SEAS ISLAND RESORT: WORK IN PARADISE! Escape to a tranquil tropical island destination on the tip of Captiva Island! Work at a serene resort village and wildlife sanctuary, marked by 2.5 miles of beaches, gulf waters that glisten with endless shades of blue and boundless opportunity for adventure for our guests.
This upcoming year, we will begin writing a new chapter to add to our storied past. Elevated guest experiences, expanded services, and amenities accompanied by future plans, to re-imagine and restore the famed South Seas Island Resort to its original grandeur.
WE ARE NOW A TIMBERS RESORT:
Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories. Our vision is a promise of Paradise Perfected. Join us and explore the ever-growing collection by Timbers Resorts.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer/guest experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be the best they can be, while still being able to hold them accountable. If you are game for this exciting opportunity, WE WANT TO TALK TO YOU!
The Bartender is responsible for preparing food and drink orders, serving beverages and meals to
patrons as regulated by state and federal age requirements and coordinating lounge/bar activities.
Education & Experience
- Three to six months related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Alcohol Awareness Certification (must comply with State regulations).
- Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses
reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly
to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position.
- Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe
conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Job Duties & Functions
- Checks identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Presents menu, answers questions, and takes food and beverage orders from guests and/or serving
- Prepares drink orders including wine, liquor, and beer.
- Prepare appetizers and food items according to recipes and standards.
- Monitors seating in lounge/bar area ensuring all guests are served.
- Computes bill and accepts payment; tracks and balances sales receipts.
- Attempts to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking by taking steps such as, discontinuing alcohol service and notifying management of potential problem(s).
- Clean bars, work areas, and tables, as well as glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Maintains kitchen and lounge station by keeping area tidy; clean and stock kitchen and bar at theend of each shift.
- Plan, organize, and control the operations of the lounge/bar area.
- Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Create drink recipes.
- Inventories liquor, food, supplies and equipment weekly. Order or requisition supplies as needed.
- Ensures all temp logs and waste logs are maintained daily.
- Receives, dates, and examines foodstuffs and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend and stoop for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able work in different types of weather, including high temperatures.
Pay: from $12/hour
Job Status: Full Time