Timbers Company is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
The Bartender is responsible for preparing food and drink orders, serving beverages and meals to
patrons as regulated by state and federal age requirements, and coordinating lounge/bar activities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Three to six months related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Alcohol Awareness Certification (must comply with State regulations).
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses
reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly
to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position.
• Knowledge of, and ability to, appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe
conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to
audience, whether oral or written.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally
require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business
JOB DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
• Checks identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
• Presents menu, answers questions and takes food and beverage orders from guests and/or serving
• Prepares drink orders including wine, liquor, and beer.
• Prepare appetizers and food items according to recipes and standards.
• Monitors seating in lounge/bar area ensuring all guests are served.
• Computes bill and accepts payment; tracks and balances sales receipts.
• Attempts to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking by taking steps such
as discontinuing alcohol service and notifying management of potential problem(s).
• Clean bars, work areas, and tables, as well as glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
• Maintains kitchen and lounge station by keeping area tidy; clean and stock kitchen and bar at the
end of each shift.
• Plan, organize, and control the operations of the lounge/bar area.
• Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
• Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
• Create drink recipes.
• Inventories liquor, food, supplies and equipment weekly. Order or requisition supplies as needed.
• Ensures all temp logs and waste logs are maintained daily.
• Receives, dates, and examines foodstuffs and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet
established standards and specifications.
• Ensures tips are reported properly for tax processing.
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Status: Full Time