Bartender - South Seas Island Resort
Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
The Bartender is responsible for preparing food and drink orders, serving beverages and meals to patrons as regulated by state and federal age requirements, and coordinating lounge/bar activities.
Education & Experience
- Three to six months related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Alcohol Awareness Certification (must comply with State regulations).
- Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
- Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
Job Duties & Functions
- Checks identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Presents menu, answers questions and takes food and beverage orders from guests and/or serving staff.
- Prepares drink orders including wine, liquor, and beer.
- Prepare appetizers and food items according to recipes and standards.
- Monitors seating in lounge/bar area ensuring all guests are served.
- Computes bill and accepts payment; tracks and balances sales receipts.
- Attempts to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking by taking steps such as discontinuing alcohol service and notifying management of potential problem(s).
- Clean bars, work areas, and tables, as well as glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Maintains kitchen and lounge station by keeping area tidy; clean and stock kitchen and bar at the end of each shift.
- Plan, organize, and control the operations of the lounge/bar area.
- Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Create drink recipes.
- Inventories liquor, food, supplies and equipment weekly. Order or requisition supplies as needed.
- Ensures all temp logs and waste logs are maintained daily.
- Receives, dates, and examines foodstuffs and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
- Ensures tips are reported properly for tax processing.
- Other duties as assigned.