Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
As a Barista you will support your hotel's financial goals of the daily operation of the Starbucks facilities and/or other areas of the Food and Beverage departments. You will prepare and/or serve beverages and/or food to guests to ensure the highest quality of product and service standards to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize revenues and profitability by providing prompt and courteous food and beverage service in a fast-paced work environment.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepares coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as, expresso, macchiato, café latte, cappuccino, etc.
- Assist servers in properly serving food to each guest from the kitchen to tables in the restaurant.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Provides excellent service to customers and demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Checks identification, if appropriate to ensure no minors are served.
- Maintains a neat, organized front and back of house environment throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Cleans designated areas following the shift routine schedule.
- May be called upon to be trained as, and assume duties of expediter, busser or host, in their unexpected absence.
- Assisting managers, food servers, bussers and/or back of house staff with any additional tasks requested in all aspects of service.
- May also be called upon to prepare and garnish cocktails and pour alcoholic beverages.
- Complies with responsible alcohol service guidelines.
- Maintains inventories by recognizing product needs, replenishing and stocking supplies and reusable or perishable goods.
- Performs opening, closing and ongoing side work, including storing and dating all reusable goods, cleaning and sanitizing all equipment and areas, restocking and securing goods.
- Educates customers by explaining the coffee drink process; including ingredients and preparation methods, answering any and all questions the guest or wait staff may have, as well as demonstrating how brewing equipment operates.
- Observes health and safety precautions required to protect hotel and guest property.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Adheres to grooming and appearance standards.
- Keeps company equipment operating and lengthens its usable life by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, performing preventive maintenance, and making manager aware of needed repairs.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Food and beverage products, menus and promotions.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Basic knowledge of restaurant operations.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to be on your feet & alert for extended periods of time.
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Cleaning areas in an effective and efficient manner
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Maintaining appropriate inventory of supplies and materials.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
Pay: from $14/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time