Banquet Server-On Call
Timbers Company is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
A Banquet Server is responsible for the set up and the service of all assigned banquet functions.
Job Duties & Functions
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance company standards, as required by
scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper
uniform and name tag when working.
• Comply with certification requirements as applicable for position to include Alcohol Awareness, Food
handlers, Safety, etc.
• Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
• Perform preparatory tasks and side work duties to ensure that guests are served promptly and
• Know how to read the Banquet Event Order and be familiar with the menu of the assigned function.
• Serve guests according to the hotel's standards in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
• Respond to guest problems, complaints and accidents; Refer to management, if necessary.
• Be informed of all current resort policies.
• Be familiar with fire exits, fire extinguisher locations and safety rules.
• Maintain the banquet store room in a neat and organized manner, stocked with any and all
appropriate supplies necessary for food service functions.
• Clear banquet space after the completion of functions and ensure that all equipment and supplies are
stored and restocked properly.
• Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to guests, managers and all of
their fellow employees.
• Be familiar with the organization of the hotel and know the function of each department.
• Handle items for “Lost and Found” according to the standards.
• Perform other tasks/jobs as assigned by supervisor or manager.
• Attend meetings as required by management.
Education & Experience
• High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
• Alcohol Awareness Certification (must comply with State regulations)
• Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
• Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
• Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by coworkers
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic
• Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
Job Status: On Call