Banquet Chef, The Sebastian, bonus
JOIN OUR MISSION
Working for Timbers Company is an opportunity to join our unique mission to create special places and memorable experiences through passionate, attentive service. Here’s why our staff loves Timbers Company.
vacations bring us all closer together
the big dogs aren't all on Wall Street
we've found the best places on Earth
we are known by the company we keep
variety is the spice of life
Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
Responsible for providing efficient and cost-effective food service for catered functions while maintaining or exceeding the high-quality standards of the hotel.
- Plans, organizes, schedules, and executes catered events for the resort.
- Attends all meetings as necessary including all BEO, Resume Meeting, F&B Meeting and Pre-Convention Meetings.
- Ensures that each dish leaving the kitchen is checked for quality, quantity, presentation, and correct temperature.
- Ensures coordination of services between dining rooms and kitchen.
- Ensures that staff is trained in all aspects of kitchen operations, equipment utilization, safety procedures, portion control and pleasing presentation of all dishes.
- Assists in development and creation of menus to maintain or exceed the established criteria, paying special attention to seasonal availability.
- Assists with the establishment and maintenance of working budget with required updates as required.
- Coordinates with Banquet Captain and Stewarding to make sure that all equipment is ready and available on time.
- Coordinates and assists Banquet Captain on buffet set up
- Monitor banquet function sheets for any change
- Ensures adherence to stringent hygiene requirements and that staff that are ill or injured receive the correct treatment or are not allowed to work.
- Ensures that all stocks are ordered to the correct quantities, quality, and price, conduct regular stock checks/stock takes
- Ensures that all stocks are being kept securely and under the correct conditions applicable to each type of commodity stored.
- Ensures adherence to safety and emergency procedures required to protect hotel and guest property.
- Assists in other areas of the kitchen as needed.
- Reports any maintenance deficiencies timely.
- Resolves customer complaints/queries satisfactorily.
- Maintains through understanding of industry and stays abreast of industry trends.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Works with other managers and staff to find unique and creative solutions for resolving everyday problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Works a flexible schedule and hours that varies based upon business demands working whatever hours necessary for a timely completion of responsibilities.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. This company does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Free onsite shift parking
- Discounted bus pass for Eagle County & Lake County routes
- Discounted F&B, Spa Treatments & Retail up to 40% off
- 401K with Match
- Paid Sick leave for P/T & Seasonal Staff, PTO for Full Time Staff
- Wellness Bonus if worked through full season until ski area closing
- Full Time Year Round possible, with full benefits such as Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD/STD, Life, Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Insurance.
- Merchant Ski Pass Program
- Free onsite Chef prepared employee dining room with hot meals and salad bar
- Some full time seasonal positions offer discounted living onsite in employee housing, shared dorm style units during the season hired only up to the 1st 6 months of that particular season. Long term and single living arrangements are offered for management positions or those working overnight shifts available for on call outside of normal work hours.
Our company (“Company”) fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. It is our policy to provide employment, compensation, and other benefits related to employment based on qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. In accordance with requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable federal, state and/or local laws, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation upon request during the application process to applicants in order that they may be given a full and fair opportunity to be considered for employment. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we intend to comply fully with applicable federal, state and/or local employment laws and the information requested on this application will only be used for purposes consistent with those laws. To the extent required by applicable law, The Company maintains a smoke- free workplace
I certify that the answers given herein and during the entire application process (including but not limited to information provided in resumes, attachments to this application, interviews or otherwise (if applicable)) are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any misrepresentations, omissions of facts or incomplete answers during the application process may disqualify me from further consideration for employment. I further understand that, if employed, any misrepresentations or omissions of facts during the application process may be cause for my dismissal at any time without prior notice. I consent to and authorize the Company and ADP TotalSource® to contact my former employers, references, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give the Company or ADP TotalSource (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with any other pertinent information they may have and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a good faith reference. I EXPRESSLY AGREE AND UNDERSTAND THAT, IF EMPLOYED, MY EMPLOYMENT IS NOT FOR A SPECIFIC TERM, IS BASED ON MUTUAL CONSENT AND MAY BE TERMINATED BY ME OR THE COMPANY OR ADP TOTALSOURCE WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE OR CAUSE AT ANY TIME. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT NO ORAL PROMISE, EMPLOYER POLICY, CUSTOM, BUSINESS PRACTICE OR OTHER PROCEDURE (INCLUDING THE BASIC EMPLOYMENT POLICIES, PERSONNEL HANDBOOK OR ANY PERSONNEL MANUALS) CONSTITUTES AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT OR MODIFICATION OF THE AT-WILL EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ME AND THE COMPANY OR ADP TOTALSOURCE. I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT MY AT-WILL EMPLOYMENT STATUS WITH THE COMPANY MAY ONLY BE ALTERED IN AN INDIVIDUAL CASE OR GENERALLY IN A WRITING SIGNED BY THE OWNER, PRESIDENT OR CEO OF THE COMPANY AND THAT MY AT-WILL STATUS WITH ADP TOTALSOURCE MAY ONLY BE ALTERED IN AN INDIVIDUAL CASE OR GENERALLY IN A WRITING SIGNED BY THE PRESIDENT OF ADP TOTALSOURCE. I understand that I may be required to qualify for employment based on additional employment criteria. For example, I may be required to take job-related tests; take a driver’s examination or take a preemployment drug test. If I am offered employment or start work before any required test is completed, I understand that my employment is contingent on a satisfactory result on all required tests. I authorize the Company and ADP TotalSource to release the results of my pre-employment drug/alcohol test (if any), any information on this application and any relevant information about me to each other and to other ADP TotalSource clients for whom I have applied for employment, and release the Company, ADP TotalSource and its clients from any and all claims related to the lawful release of this information. I further authorize the release of any background check results and of any drug/alcohol test to any state or federal authority requesting such information and in response to a valid subpoena or other legal document.
By submitting this application, I certify I have read above, specific job post requirements listed here https://bit.ly/3YmmOeA
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED supplemented by formal coursework in culinary sciences; AND three (3) years of experience as a journey-level cook; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Required Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of:
Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
Principles, practices and techniques of the cooking trade.
Food and beverage products, menus and promotions.
Policies and procedures of the department.
Principles, methods and equipment used in meal preparation in a restaurant setting.
Safe work practices and sanitation related to food preparation and service.
Inventory and record keeping principles and practices.
Customer service principles and practices.
Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Skill in:
Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
Performing budgeting and accounting functions for assigned operations.
Efficiently and effectively performing cooking duties.
Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
Making accurate arithmetic calculations.
Reading, understanding and following recipes and oral and written directions.
Maintaining appropriate inventory of supplies and materials.
Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mobility to work in a food service setting, use standard kitchen equipment; stamina to stand for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 50 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation. (required for all jobs except Housekeeping, Laundry, and Dishwasher)
.*Note: It is not necessary for you to identify unavailability for work because of religious observance or practice or any other protected classification. Subsequent to any job offer, we will consider whether a reasonable accommodation can be made.
Note: The Federal Immigration and Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires that a DHS Employment Eligibility Verification “Form I-9” be completed for every new hire and that within 3 business days of beginning work every new hire must present to the employer documentation establishing his/her identity and authorization to work. This federal requirement must be satisfied as a condition of employment.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Pay: from $67,000/year
5% annual bonus. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of work, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include various incentives, such as tips, commissions, bonus, and job specific benefits. (see list and accurate pay range at https://bit.ly/3YmmOeA)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: TSV