Assistant Housekeeping Manager
JOIN OUR MISSION
Working for Timbers Company is an opportunity to join our unique mission to create special places and memorable experiences through passionate, attentive service. Here’s why our staff loves Timbers Company.
vacations bring us all closer together
the big dogs aren't all on Wall Street
we've found the best places on Earth
we are known by the company we keep
variety is the spice of life
Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
Responsible for assisting with the supervision of activities and staff related to cleaning and servicing of hotel rooms, residence club units, restaurants, banquet, spa and public areas while exceeding the high level of standards established by Company; assists with oversight of Laundry operations.
- Assists with the planning, organization, review and evaluation of the work of assigned staff.
- Assists with the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the department; assists with the preparation and management of the department’s budget.
- Assists with the selection, training, professional development and discipline of staff.
- Assists in planning goals, objectives, procedures and work standards for the unit; provides input into the unit's budget.
- Ensures all staff maintains compliance with grooming standards and radio etiquette.
- Ensures that all hotel rooms, residence club units, public rooms and spa are serviced and cleaned daily in accordance with established standards.
- Ensures that function rooms are cleaned to established or exceeded standards as soon as they have been used for a fast turnaround.
- Ensures that rooms are checked regularly for repairs and refurbishing, and that appropriate maintenance is performed.
- Notifies the facilities department of areas needing attention in respect of maintenance.
- Oversee and maintain issuance and cleaning of all hotel staff uniforms
- Monitors and maintains hotel lost & found policy and procedures.
- Assists with purchase and inventory of cleaning materials and linens to ensure an adequate supply at peak occupancy.
- Ensures linen is within the established standard level of repair.
- Assist with ensuring all timekeeping; payroll and shift reporting are accurate and completed timely.
- Executes daily line up’s for department to ensure appropriate communication is being maintained.
- Ensures that staff accommodation is kept clean and in a good state of repair.
- Assists with safety and OSHA compliance.
- Assists with all department and interdepartmental communications.
- Answers Housekeeping office phone in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Ensures dispatch and timely follow through of guest requests.
- Assists with all information necessary for budgeting purposes annually, seasonally or quarterly as requested.
- Ensures that services consistently meet customer specifications; responds to customer complaints/issues.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Free onsite shift parking
- Discounted bus pass for Eagle County & Lake County routes
- Discounted F&B, Spa Treatments & Retail up to 40% off
- 401K with Match
- Paid Sick leave for P/T & Seasonal Staff, PTO for Full Time Staff
- Wellness Bonus if worked through full season until ski area closing
- Full Time Year Round possible, with full benefits such as Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD/STD, Life, Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Insurance.
- Merchant Ski Pass Program
- Free onsite Chef prepared employee dining room with hot meals and salad bar
- Some full time seasonal positions offer discounted living onsite in employee housing, shared dorm style units during the season hired only up to the 1st 6 months of that particular season. Long term and single living arrangements are offered for management positions or those working overnight shifts available for on call outside of normal work hours.
Our company (“Company”) fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. It is our policy to provide employment, compensation, and other benefits related to employment based on qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. In accordance with requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable federal, state and/or local laws, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation upon request during the application process to applicants in order that they may be given a full and fair opportunity to be considered for employment. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we intend to comply fully with applicable federal, state and/or local employment laws and the information requested on this application will only be used for purposes consistent with those laws. To the extent required by applicable law, The Company maintains a smoke- free workplace
I certify that the answers given herein and during the entire application process (including but not limited to information provided in resumes, attachments to this application, interviews or otherwise (if applicable)) are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any misrepresentations, omissions of facts or incomplete answers during the application process may disqualify me from further consideration for employment. I further understand that, if employed, any misrepresentations or omissions of facts during the application process may be cause for my dismissal at any time without prior notice. I consent to and authorize the Company and PAYCHEX OASIS to contact my former employers, references, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give the Company or PAYCHEX OASIS (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with any other pertinent information they may have and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a good faith reference. I EXPRESSLY AGREE AND UNDERSTAND THAT, IF EMPLOYED, MY EMPLOYMENT IS NOT FOR A SPECIFIC TERM, IS BASED ON MUTUAL CONSENT AND MAY BE TERMINATED BY ME OR THE COMPANY OR PAYCHEX OASIS WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE OR CAUSE AT ANY TIME. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT NO ORAL PROMISE, EMPLOYER POLICY, CUSTOM, BUSINESS PRACTICE OR OTHER PROCEDURE (INCLUDING THE BASIC EMPLOYMENT POLICIES, PERSONNEL HANDBOOK OR ANY PERSONNEL MANUALS) CONSTITUTES AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT OR MODIFICATION OF THE AT-WILL EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ME AND THE COMPANY ORPAYCHEX OASISE. I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT MY AT-WILL EMPLOYMENT STATUS WITH THE COMPANY MAY ONLY BE ALTERED IN AN INDIVIDUAL CASE OR GENERALLY IN A WRITING SIGNED BY THE OWNER, PRESIDENT OR CEO OF THE COMPANY AND THAT MY AT-WILL STATUS WITH PAYCHEX OASIS MAY ONLY BE ALTERED IN AN INDIVIDUAL CASE OR GENERALLY IN A WRITING SIGNED BY THE PRESIDENT OF PAYCHEX OASIS. I understand that I may be required to qualify for employment based on additional employment criteria. For example, I may be required to take job-related tests; take a driver’s examination or take a preemployment drug test. If I am offered employment or start work before any required test is completed, I understand that my employment is contingent on a satisfactory result on all required tests. I authorize the Company and PAYCHEX OASIS to release the results of my pre-employment drug/alcohol test (if any), any information on this application and any relevant information about me to each other and to other PAYCHEX OASIS clients for whom I have applied for employment, and release the Company, PAYCHEX OASIS and its clients from any and all claims related to the lawful release of this information. I further authorize the release of any background check results and of any drug/alcohol test to any state or federal authority requesting such information and in response to a valid subpoena or other legal document.
By submitting this application, I certify I have read above, specific job post requirements listed here https://bit.ly/3YmmOeA
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND three (3) years of hotel housekeeping operations experience, one (1) year of which was in a supervisory role; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Principles and practices of developing teams, motivating employees and managing in a team environment.
- Proper cleaning methods, and the safe usage of cleaning materials, disinfectants, housekeeping tools and equipment.
- Procedures for the preparation and use of cleaning materials.
- Use and minor maintenance of hand and power tools and equipment used in housekeeping
- Safety practices and equipment related to the work.
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, queries, data entry and/or standard report generation.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Ability to understand and communicate in basic Spanish.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing, and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Providing customer service.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing, maintaining, and researching office files.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing activity reports.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities, and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives, and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
*Note: It is not necessary for you to identify unavailability for work because of religious observance or practice or any other protected classification. Subsequent to any job offer, we will consider whether a reasonable accommodation can be made.
Note: The Federal Immigration and Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires that a DHS Employment Eligibility Verification “Form I-9” be completed for every new hire and that within 3 business days of beginning work every new hire must present to the employer documentation establishing his/her identity and authorization to work. This federal requirement must be satisfied as a condition of employment.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Pay: $60,000 to $65,000/hour
The pay range represents the low end for non-tipped positions. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of work, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include various incentives, such as tips, commissions, bonus, and job specific benefits. (see list and accurate pay range at https://bit.ly/3YmmOeA)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: TSV