Assistant Director of Finance
We are seeking an Assistant Director of Finance for our Corporate office responsible for handling a number of operational functions, including: revenue recognition, sales tax returns, financial statement preparation, month end close, reconciliations, property accounting process management and refinement, bi-weekly payroll review, expense report recording, accounts payable review, and monthly partnership statements.
The ideal candidate is highly analytical and experienced in property accounting, revenue recognition, payroll execution, and financial statement preparation. S/he has excellent Excel skills and is comfortable creating and analyzing data files and pivot tables. S/he has excellent quantitative skills and is results oriented, highly organized and dependable, approachable, self-motivated, and passionate about the work. S/he is confident in creating and refining new systems and managing across multiple stakeholders to get the work completed thoroughly and efficiently. Ideally, s/he is also passionate about travel, experiences, and what we're building. S/he will be expected to work directly with the existing team in order to successfully accomplish his/her work efficiently and effectively.
We are looking for a team member who is not afraid to a roll-up-his/her sleeves and is focused on delivering measurable results. You should have direct, hands-on experience in accounting, payroll, and other bookkeeping-related functions. Like our team, you should be customer- and brand-focused and naturally curious about new ways to help grow our new business and make our systems more efficient over time. You are comfortable working across multiple teams located in multiple geographies.
- Prepare and assist with presenting monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial statements, budget, forecast, and any related reconciliations
- Properly record expenses in the General Ledger
- Revenue and Sales Tax analysis and accounting, including ongoing revenue reconciliation across properties
- Assist in systems implementations and creating standard operating procedures
- Processes payroll bi-weekly, including tip reporting
- Review Accounts Payable and provides backup coverage for payment processing, invoice entry, and correspondence
- Assist with any other operational activities and reports on an as-needed basis
- Assist and lead on additional business analysis and support on an as-needed basis.
- Supervise Corporate Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.
- Assist properties with accounting operations and tasks as needed to keep business running smoothly
- Analyze and be familiar with corporate leases and agreements with vendors ensuring we are in compliance with contracts
- Assist with overseeing the financial strategic planning of the company by evaluating its performance and potential risks
- Ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines
- Manage all corporate bank accounts and corporate credit cards – also assist with property-related bank accounts as needed.
- Analyze and reconcile all Corporate general ledger accounts and bank statements to ensure financial information is available and accurate
- Assist with annual audits and quarterly tax preparation with our tax/audit vendor for the corporate annual audits and taxes. Send out annual 1099’s to vendors and brokers. Make the necessary audit JE for year-end.
- Close all corporate books monthly and annually
- Review property management agreements to ensure accounting aspects are in compliance
- Reconcile and pay out all closing commissions weekly to brokers. Work with each property’s sales team on past and future closings.
- Assist with the new internal audit process at our properties
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must have a passion for what we are building, the brand, and the guest experience
- Advanced degree in accounting
- 3-5 years previous experience as an accountant. Experience in hospitality property accounting and revenue recognition strongly preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Significant experience with Excel.
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains a plus
- Passion for numbers with strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, highly organized, exceptional attention to detail, strong and proven project management capabilities and ability to multi-task
- Highly organized and self-motivated with a proven ability to multi-task across multiple complex projects
- Hard-working team player with a positive, can-do attitude. Flexible and willing to sometimes work long hours
Job Status: Full Time