Assistant Director of Engineering, housing offered
Excellent opportunity to continue your career while having fun, meeting new people, and learning new skills.
- Merchant Ski Pass Program
- Free onsite Chef prepared employee dining room with hot meals and salad bar
- Free onsite shift parking
- Discounted bus pass for Eagle County & Lake County routes
- Discounted F&B, Spa Treatments & Retail up to 40% off
- 401K with Match
- Paid Sick leave for P/T & Seasonal Staff
- Wellness Bonus if worked through full season until ski area closing
- Full Time Year Round possible, with full benefits such as Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD/STD, Life, Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Insurance.
Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
Assist the Director with day to day operations of the department. Supervise the implementation of all property and equipment preventive maintenance and repairs, monitor life safety systems and utilities and administer the department in compliance with all corporate standards and local, state and national codes and regulations to protect assets, guests and associates. Responsible for the preventative maintenance and repair of the hotel’s mechanical/electrical systems and equipment, and for the general maintenance and upkeep of the building, FF&E, grounds, swimming pool, etc.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Troubleshoot and repair malfunctions in mechanical or electrical systems (e.g., HVAC, plumbing) and other equipment throughout the hotel.
- Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis.
- Strong organizational skills required for maintaining critical spare parts inventory, purchasing supplies for the department and submitting capital planning requests.
- Inspect, evaluate, and follow-up on employee’s work (including everyday tasks, PMs, etc.).
- Coach and mentor employees in order to support department succession planning
- Review, prioritize, and assign outstanding work orders and tasks to staff
- Represent Engineering at meetings when necessary.
- Be a leader and able to step in for the Directors duties in his absence.
- Performs required maintenance and repair on all hotel rooms, residence club units, amenity areas, public areas, restaurants, pool and hot tubs, banquet rooms and bar as needed.
- Checks spa facilities to ensure optimum operation and service.
- Performs residence club, hotel room, amenity area and common area repairs and maintenance in a timely fashion.
- Completes room and kitchen checks regularly for repairs and refurbishing.
- Maintains and services a variety of test equipment and hand and power tools.
- Removes snow from walkways, stairways, and driveways.
- Fabricates and issues keys.
- Checks major mechanical equipment and record pressures, gauge readings, temperatures, etc.
- Checks Laundry equipment and ensures proper functionality.
- Checks pool and spa equipment and ensures proper operation of equipment and chemical levels.
- Prepares a variety of activity logs and reports regarding work performed; accounts for all billable repairs appropriately.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skills required.
Education and Experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a hotel engineering department or similar environment.
- Minimum 2 years management experience, with emphasis in mentoring and coaching.
- Minimum 1 year experience with budgeting and vendor negotiation.
- Must hold certification in one of the following: CPO, EPA 608 universal, Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, BMS (Niagara AX/Trane)
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, queries, data entry and/or standard report generation.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems and controls high level skills.
- Must be familiar with boilers, chillers, and refrigeration equipment and controls.
- Practical experience should include: painting, drywall repair, carpentry, and other miscellaneous maintenance duties.
- Should be familiar with pool, hot tub and spa equipment operations. CPO certified is preferred.
- Should be familiar with commercial kitchen and commercial laundry equipment repairs.
- Room maintenance and repairs, including: floor heat, gas fireplaces, light fixtures, switches, locks, bathroom fixtures, doors, windows. TV, DVD, mini-refrigerator and safes.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a construction and maintenance setting; agility to use typical trade equipment, hand and power tools and standard office equipment; stamina to stand, walk and climb and to work in awkward spaces for an extended period of time; strength to lift and maneuver materials and equipment weighing up to 100 pounds with proper equipment; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over a radio or telephone.
Work is subject to exposure to extreme weather conditions, hazardous chemicals, electrical currents, gases, dust and noxious odors.
Pay: $75,000 to $80,000/year
**Depends on Experience. The pay range represents the low and high end of the Timbers range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of work, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Timbers total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include various incentives, such as tips, commissions, bonus, and many region-specific benefits.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: TSV