Timbers Company is a developer and operator of luxury hotels, private residence clubs, condominiums and resort communities located in some of the world’s most sought-after destinations. Timbers Company is a majority-owned company of Oaktree Capital Management. Timbers Company is actively pursuing distressed, luxury hotel acquisition and ground-up development opportunities primarily throughout North America and the Caribbean.
The successful candidate will be an intelligent and driven “go-getter” with a high-level of attention to detail and demonstrable experience in real estate investment and development, ideally with an emphasis on hospitality assets and / or luxury condominium development.
The successful applicant will work with the Director of Architecture and individual Project Managers in all design related areas of the company’s development projects. Responsibilities include a limited amount of internally produced design and production but will be focused more on the managing, review, analysis and administration of work produced by outside Architectural, Engineering and Interior Design firms and the internal communication of findings and opinions of that outside work.The candidate must have experience in the luxury residential and/or hospitality areas and must be able to demonstrate the ability to understand and thoroughly review both architectural and engineering documentation. Additionally, he or she must have the experience and expertise to assist in pricing, contracting and construction phase review.Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of experience and an active Architectural License.
Qualifications & Responsibilities:
* Self Driven with ability to identify the tasks needing to be accomplished
* Strong communication skills with an ability to work in a team environment
* Exemplary organizational and leadership skills
* Exceptionally strong design and graphic abilities
* Work in close collaboration with Director of Architecture and individual Project Managers
* Ability to graphically convey design concepts and ideas to non-design professionals
* Management and coordination of outside Architects, Engineers, Interior Designers and other consultants
* Construction phase responsibilities, including submittal and RFI reviews and site visits
* Quality Assurance
* Develop technical specifications for sustainability goals
* Sustainability administration – duties for both design and construction contracts spanning from credit inception through documentation, including reports, tracking updates and submittals
* Fluency in AutoCad and Microsoft Office Suite required with abilities in other programs including Revit, Bluebeam, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp a plus
* Working technical knowledge of IBC and IRC building codes, standards, building construction, and building structures
* Experience in all aspects of the architectural design process from project conception through post construction and occupancy
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Job Status: Full Time