Agriculture Events and Activities Coordinator
Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
As part of the offerings of the Activities Department, this position will aid with programming at Timbers Kauai with the focus on the visitor experience to include the Farm at Hokuala to achieve best-in-class production of produce and fruit as well as service, amenities and activities that meet the needs of homeowners and non-resident members and guests of Hokuala including Timbers Kauai.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Tropical Farm Tours: Lead agriculture tours when scheduled by the activities desk that includes a walk-around of the farm, a talk about the history and sustainable pursuits of the farm, as well as a tree planting, hands-on activities, tasting of fruits and vegetables in season, as well as a harvest of produce for the family to take home.
- Lead and create on property activities for owners and guest such as but not limited to: Coconut painting, kite decorating, lei making, ukulele lessons, coconut weaving, etc. both at timbers and at the farm. Will consider acceptable skill sets
- Lead and Assist in special events, media visits, and tours for owners and guests.
- Assist in setting up, participating in, and breaking down tree planting ceremonies
- Volunteer Management and Ohana Harvests: Coach community volunteers and Timbers Resorts owners and guests how to help in the garden.
- Assist in creating the program in which supports Owner’s section of agriculture produce.
- Assist with farm crop harvest, nursery care and delivery.
- Oversee use of and maintain the Farm Hale
- Lead off-property excursions, as needed
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
- Ability to communicate with guests with a positive attitude.
- Knowledge of agriculture processes and operations.
- Knowledge of trees and plants and ability to share that knowledge with guest and owners
- Ability to create and execute fun and engaging activities for owners and guest
- Ability to manage small groups of guest on tours and activities
- Available to work holidays, weekends and evenings, and adjust work schedule to weather events and climatic conditions.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn arts, crafts, cultural activities, ukulele, etc
- Valid driver’s license
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate regularly works in outside weather conditions and may be exposed to fumes, humidity and loud noise. In addition, associate may be required to perform essential duties during inclement weather. Work duties are approximately 1% indoors; 99% outdoors which includes events and activities for club members and guests. Activities can include, but not limited to walking, lifting up to 40 lbs.; up to 50 lbs. with assistance, stooping, bending, squatting, pushing, pulling, and moving items.
- Including but not limited to trencher, mini-excavator, weed whacker, wheelbarrow, Polaris farm cart, golf carts, machete, shovels, hoes, pruners, hedgers, spades, sprinklers and hoses.
Timbers Resorts International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Timbers Resorts International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job Status: Full Time