Responsible for accounts payable and accounts receivable and performs a wide range of accounting and administrative duties to support the accounting department. The best candidate will be able to multitask well, have a strong understanding of accounting functions and understand how to use technology.
Seeking a part-time, year-round accounting team member to work 24 hours per week, with the opportunity to be full-time working the additional 16 hours for another department.
Team members have access to:
- Bi-weekly pay checks
- Reimbursements on Ski pass/Wellness/Recreation
- Colorado Sick Time Accrual
- 401(k) with company match
- EAP (Employee Assistance Plan)
- Local Business Discounts/Perks and Benefits
- Opportunity for Gratuities and Seasonal Holiday Bonus
The following Principal Duties are the essential functions for the Accounting Clerk position. Successful job applicants will be able to perform these essential functions with or without a requested reasonable accommodation.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensures accuracy for all incoming vendor invoices.
- Enters vendor invoices into accounting control software.
- Prepares a weekly payables batch. Prints and mails checks after they have been approved.
- Keep vendor accounts up to date (call for copies of missing invoices, reviews statements, etc.).
- Maintains AP information for accuracy.
Credit & Collections:
- Compose quarterly HOA Assessment invoices for owners.
- Create quarterly invoices for AMR Summit Club members in QuickBooks.
- Create and send monthly Opera A/R statements to owners.
- Processes check and cash payments and records in Microsoft Great Plains and QuickBooks.
- Enters debits/credits, creates, and mails invoices, records, and deposits payments to proper bank accounts.
- Reconciles Petty Cash accounts, monitors cash drawers, and makes change as needed.
- Reconciles monthly credit card statements.
- Post billing to owner A/R accounts in Opera reservations software.
- Post journal entries for Opera Dailies.
- Prepares and files monthly sales tax returns.
- Supports other departments during high occupancy times as needed.
- Assists with other duties as requested or assigned.
Supervisory & Training responsibilities:
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This job does not train others.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience
- Prefer one-year certificate from college or technical school, six months to one-year related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Proper business English, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Accounting theory, debits, and credits.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Being familiar with computers and computer related software such as Microsoft Great Plains, Opera Reservations, QuickBooks, ADP Payroll & Human Resources, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Mailchimp, and Dropbox.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Plan and prioritize tasks in a self-directed work environment.
- Maintains high level of productivity without direct supervision.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts utilizing spreadsheets and 10-key.
- Interact professionally with individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Gain understanding of Timbers properties, Timbers culture, and history of One Steamboat Place.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with co-workers, management, vendors, owners, and guests.
- Customer Service
- Cost Consciousness
- Problem Solving
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Must rarely lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Continually required to sit for extended periods of time.
- Utilize hand and finger dexterity, talking, listening, etc.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Occasionally/rarely exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Specialized equipment, machines, or vehicles used: computer, printer, scanners, shredder, and phones.
Timbers Resorts International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Timbers Resorts International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Pay: $21 to $23/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time